I can analyze the reasons for US involvement in Vietnam, & I can explain what made the conflict so difficult to win.
Critical Vocabulary: Ho Chi Minh, Viet Minh, Geneva Accords, Domino Effect, Southeast Asia Treaty Organization, Ngo Dinh Diem, Viet Cong, Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, Senator J. William Fullbright, General William Westmoreland, "Tet Offensive," Nixon Doctrine, Henry Kissinger, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Vietnam Moratorium Day, "Silent Majority," My Lai Massacre, Kent State University, "Pentagon Papers," Paris Peace Talks, 26th Amendment
- Background Question: Create a Trading Card for Lyndon Johnson.
- Citizenship Question: Name two of the six current U.S. Representatives for the state of Kentucky.
- Bradley Byrne and Martha Roby
- Phil Roe and Jimmy Duncan
- Marcy Kaptur and Mike Turner
- Hal Rodgers and John Yarmuth
- Guided Instruction: The Vietnam War Years
- Reflection Question: What was the credibility gap? How did it contribute to the protests against the Vietnam War?
Homework: The Vietnam War
Tentative Test Date: April 27