I can analyze the effectiveness of Progressive Era political reforms in addressing the problems of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Critical Vocabulary: “Square Deal,” Anthracite Coal Strike, Northern Securities Company, “Trust-Buster,” Department of Commerce and Labor, Elkins Act, Hepburn Act, Upton Sinclair, The Jungle, Meat Inspection Act, Pure Food and Drug Act, Newlands Act of 1902, John Muir, Sierra Club, Payne-Aldrich Tariff, Ballinger-Pinchot Dispute, “Old Guard” Republicans, “New Nationalism,” “Bull Moose” Party, “New Freedom,” “Triple Wall of Privilege,” Underwood Tariff Bill, Sixteenth Amendment, Federal Reserve Act, Federal Reserve Board, Federal Trade Commission Act, Clayton Anti-Trust Act
- Background Question: What is the purpose of an essay's thesis?
- Citizenship Question: What do Americans show loyalty to when saying the Pledge of Allegiance?
- the state where you live
- the United States of America
- the Declaration of Independence
- the President of the United States of America
- Guided Instruction: AP History Long Essay
- Individual Learning: Essay Planning - Evaluate the extent to which the federal government during the Progressive Era (1890–1920) addressed the problems of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Reflection Question: What is your thesis statement?
Homework: American Imperialism
Tentative Test Date: February 23