I can analyze the effectiveness of Progressive Era political reforms in addressing the problems of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Critical Vocabulary: “Square Deal,” Anthracite Coal Strike, Northern Securities Company, “Trust-Buster,” Department of Commerce and Labor, Elkins Act, Hepburn Act, Upton Sinclair, The Jungle, Meat Inspection Act, Pure Food and Drug Act, Newlands Act of 1902, John Muir, Sierra Club, Payne-Aldrich Tariff, Ballinger-Pinchot Dispute, “Old Guard” Republicans, “New Nationalism,” “Bull Moose” Party, “New Freedom,” “Triple Wall of Privilege,” Underwood Tariff Bill, Sixteenth Amendment, Federal Reserve Act, Federal Reserve Board, Federal Trade Commission Act, Clayton Anti-Trust Act
- Background Question: Which four amendments were ratified during the Progressive Era?
- Citizenship Question: What is the economic system in the United States?
- barter or trade economy
- socialist or mutual economy
- capitalist or market economy
- communist or collective economy
- Individual Learning: Magazine Cover Activity
- Individual Learning: Unit 4 Study Guide
- Reflection Question: How did Roosevelt's campaign impact the outcome of the Election of 1912?
Homework: The Progressive Era
Tentative Test Date: February 6