I can analyze the social, political, economic, & environmental problems that Americans faced in the 1970s.
Critical Vocabulary: Vietnamization, My Lai Massacre, Cambodian Campaign, Kent State Shooting, Pentagon Papers, Daniel Ellsberg, New York Times v. Sullivan, Paris Peace Accords, War Powers Act, Nixon Doctrine, Realpolitik, Detente, SALT I, Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, Silent Majority, Southern Strategy, New Conservatism, New Federalism, Watergate, Committee to Re-Elect the President, Plumbers, Saturday Night Massacre, Nixon Tapes, U.S. v. Nixon, Stagflation, Whip Inflation Now, Helsinki Accords, Fall of Saigon, Mayaguez Incident, National Energy Act, Crisis of Confidence Speech, Camp David Accords, Iran Hostage Crisis, SALT II
- Background Question: Play the Quizizz Practice #5 game.
- Citizenship Question: What is the economic system in the United States?
- barter or trade economy
- socialist or mutual economy
- capitalist or market economy
- communist or collective economy
- Guided Instruction: Forrest Gump
- Reflection Question: How did the Watergate Scandal impact American's view of their government?
Homework: The 1970s Reading