I can analyze the effectiveness of Progressive Era political reforms in addressing the problems of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Critical Vocabulary: “Square Deal,” Anthracite Coal Strike, Northern Securities Company, “Trust-Buster,” Department of Commerce and Labor, Elkins Act, Hepburn Act, Upton Sinclair, The Jungle, Meat Inspection Act, Pure Food and Drug Act, Newlands Act of 1902, John Muir, Sierra Club, Payne-Aldrich Tariff, Ballinger-Pinchot Dispute, “Old Guard” Republicans, “New Nationalism,” “Bull Moose” Party, “New Freedom,” “Triple Wall of Privilege,” Underwood Tariff Bill, Sixteenth Amendment, Federal Reserve Act, Federal Reserve Board, Federal Trade Commission Act, Clayton Anti-Trust Act
- Background Question: Quizziz Review Game
- Citizenship Test Question: Who is the current Speaker of the House of Representatives?
- John Boehner
- Nancy Pelosi
- Paul Ryan
- Dennis Hastert
- Guided Instruction: Progressive Politics & The Presidents Video
- Individual Learning: Three Progressive Presidents Chart
- Reflection Question: To what degree did Teddy Roosevelt's policies address the problems of the Progressive Era? Explain.
Homework: The Progressive Era
Tentative Test Date: February 2